Thursday, April 16, 2009

PARENTS HAVE VACCINE CHOICE


Click here HERE to learn about vaccine exemptions by state.

Pro-Life doesn't end after birth. Neither does Pro-Choice. If you don't have Hep B and don't think your newborn will be having unprotected sex or using IV drugs, you might want to reconsider that Hep B at birth, for instance. Maybe you want your child to get Chicken Pox and immunity naturally. Perhaps you have a family history of egg allergies and need to avoid the flu shot - and maybe you don't love the mercury in the flu shot.

You do have choices - whether you want to fully vaccinate your child with the 36 vaccines the AAP now requires, or slow down or even skip some/all. Exemptions vary by state and some are easier to get then others.

This is AMERICA and you are in charge of your child's healthcare.

3 comments:

K Fuller said...

Thanks for posting this. I am trying to educate my Sis in law who has a baby born in Jan.
She was able to stand up against the HepB shot, but I fear she may not be strong enough to read the books I have sent her. And make her own choices.
I am going to forward the California info to her.

Michelle O'Neil said...

Great resource Kim. Thanks!

Essential Amy said...

Yes, I think people believe they do not have a choice, but they do. I was able to get a religous exemption for my son for kindergarten. It required some letter writing and a bit of assertiveness, but in the end we got what we needed. Now finding a pediatrician is a whole nother story.