Monday, December 15, 2008




Mia_14_6 Happy Birthday, Mia! (reprinted from http://www.ageofautism.com/)

Meet Child Warrior Mia, so named for Jenny McCarthy's book, Mother Warriors. Mia is my oldest daughter and today is her 14th birthday.

I said "no" to all drugs during delivery. Somehow I had it in my head that I needed to keep all chemicals out of my baby's tiny system. So I took nothing. (Not even a stick to chew, although I'm not sure Mark's left arm will ever be the same.) And then the hospital pediatrician gave her a Hep B shot loaded with mercury. I didn't know. I just didn't know. Miss Mia has been a Child Warrior for over 11 years.

Mia_infant_2

Happy Birthday, Mia. Love, Mom.

Kim Stagliano is Managing Editor of Age of Autism. For Mia and every child like her.

(PS) Yeah, I guess we really do look alike!


16 comments:

Ms. TK said...

She is breathtaking, Kim. Hope she has a great day.

amy said...

Happy birthday Mia!!! Wishing you a fabulous day - and your entire family.

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

GFCF heart shaped minicakes in the oven as I type! Thanks!

word ver: belbel. That's what I call Bella, who is home today with a cold.

jess said...

the happiest of wishes to her (and all of you) . she really is incredibly beautiful

Moose Crossing Memoirs said...

Eyes into her beautiful soul. Happy birthday, Mia! Happy, Happy birthday. Kim--take time to be proud.

Michelle O'Neil said...

Happy Birthday Angel girl.

Anonymous said...

Kim, She was an adorable baby and is a beautiful young lady! And she is lucky to have a warrior mom like you....

I hope you both enjoy her special day!

Kel-Bell said...

Happy B Day to her!

Mine was yesterday, on the 14th, and Im a warrior woman too. (Atleast thats what the books say.)

Apparently the name Kelley comes from the root word kali which refers to a Hindu warrior Goddess.

Leeann said...

Best wishes for a beautiful birthday girl - who is so lucky to have a mom who cares so much about her, and everyone like her...

Amanda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIA!!

Kim, could you not have a more beautiful daughter if you tried??

Have a wonderful day!

Love & Hugs!

RJeff said...

What a sweetie.

Wishing you a hap-hap-happy day, beautiful.

- Matt's dad.

Ahvarahn said...

happy birthday, mia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40K2S0-5Xo0

kim, are you sure that second picture was isn't you as an infant?

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Top of the morning to you Ahva-rahn. Maybe I can dig out an old baby picture from the sodden mess in my basement. She and I do look very much alike. And have since the day she was born. But Mia got a giant sprinkling of Pixie beauty on top of looking like her Mom. She's a great kid. She's a child warrior for sure.

Kim

Petra said...

A day late.. sorry...

Happy belated birthday, Mia.

Kim, she is so very very beautiful.. (as are all three of your girls.. ). I LOVE both pics.. you can look straight into her soul.

Hugs

Amy said...

I'm a day late too - I've been asleep since Sunday. Before you call me a bragger, it was a sinus infection chased by a stomach virus. Not fun...

Happy Birthday to sweet Mia!!

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Snots and the trots? UGH! :)