Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Would You Believe I'm a Huge Stevie Nicks Fan?

I am. Seen her several times. Love her music. Have most of the lyrics memorized. Invited her to my wedding. She's gotten me through thick and thin. Never the kind of shit we're in now - mostly younger stuff. College. Just out. But Stevie always makes me feel better. I used to run 5 miles a night with a clunky old WalkMan. Come home from working at Hill Holliday Advertising in Boston and run all over Newton, Mass, Stevie blaring in my ears. Forgetting. Remembering. Surviving. Conquering. Stevie Nicks. Me? Who knew? Beautiful Child can make me cry in a NY minute. I Can't Wait makes me want to throw on my running shoes and bolt. Enjoy both.






5 comments:

Molly said...

"Talk to Me" is my favorite Stevie song. I like your taste in music! I hope you and the family have a wonderful Thanksgiving despite all your difficult circumstances right now. When you're at the bottom Kim, there's nowhere to go but up!

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Amen! And we're not at the bottom - not that you're implying we are. There are many/millions/billions with far less than us. I have food for my kids. I have a roof over my head. I have a great husband. We're blessed in many ways.

I love Talk to Me too. Beauty and the Beast? Cry much? Silver Springs? Ahhhh.

Isn't music a wonderful friend?

Molly said...

You're right, you're definitely not at the bottom. I wanted to quote my father in law who always likes to remind me when things aren't working out, "It could always be worse", but thought that sounded kind of callous! And you are right again when you say you are blessed. There are so many unfortunate souls who have nothing or no one to celebrate this wonderful time of the year with. Thank God for what we do have! Amen to that sister!

Music is a wonderful friend. I can't remember how many times I fell asleep with headphones on in bed listening to the stuff. Love it! Enya at bedtime? The best!!

Ahvarahn said...

Favorite SN songs? This is mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56AygasQZx4

I extend to you, Mark and the girls my best wishes for a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Be well,
P.

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Ah, ethereal Stevie - Gypsy is a lovely song. Silver Springs is a fav too - rare.

Happy TG, P.

K