Wednesday, October 15, 2008


A "Real" FDNY Firefighter Writes to Denis Leary


The best thing about Age of Autism is that we can be immediate - assuming I'm near my computer, which I pretty much am all day. I'm working away here when I check my gmail box. There's a submission from a woman named Maria Dwyer, sending me a letter her husband, a retired FDNY firefighter (and yes, he was on duty on a certain day 7+ years ago) sent to Denis Leary, a pretend firefighter.


He's RETIRED because he had to leave his career to take care of his son with autism. Please take a moment to click over to A of A to read his letter. The emotion is, well, scorching hot.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I loved that letter! What a great asset to the autism community Tim is!

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

I wouldn't mess with an FDNY firefighter who is now with the PDNY. No way, no how. Tim's wife Maria and I spoke on the phone today. Tim didn't want accolades, but he deserves them.

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Jeez, can you tell I don't watch a lot of TV? PDNY? LOL! It's NYPD....

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,

When I saw the Denis Leary comments from his book. I got very upset. When i clicked on the link, I felt this is a very good information for anybody to read.

How are you doing these day?

I haven't heard from you in awhile.
I hope all is well with you.

Anyway, if you need to contact me you know my website still.

Jason

PS There are so many good things happening for me now, even though this week I found out something out that I need more tests done on, I need to continue to think about the positive so only positive happens.