Monday, August 18, 2008

Check out the Purple Pineapple!

CLICK HERE!



Since we moved to CT, I've found that parents of my daughters' typical peers have reached out to the girls and to me. It's a nice change from the "SPED" isolation I felt in Ohio. Now, it could be that I was just so overwhelmed in Ohio that I was as prickly as a cactus and not very approachable. I don't think so though. I do think I intimidated some people with my bossy Boston self.... (I know, am I ragging on Ohio again? I miss plenty about the area, including my neighbors. I don't miss cleaning four toilets. I'll never miss the schools for their complete lack of a clue on how to educate my girls, overall. Though we did have some fine teachers. There, did I dig myself out yet? Probably not. I don't care.)

One lovely Mom I've met here is named Cindy Nigro. Her sweetie daughter Madeline was in Bella's Kindergarten, 1st grade and now 2nd grade class. Cindy has taken a real interest in Bella as a person. I love that. She even gives Bella GF treats in the school treat bags. How many Mom's would do that?

Anyway, Cindy has her own business that I thought I'd share with you. Moms supporting Moms. Check out these pretty belts, accessories and maybe buy yourself a little something?

Cindy doesn't know it yet, but I'm going to approach her about making Autism Awareness Keychains using the Autism Ribbon to add to her selection. My sister in law made something similar for me several years ago - and I still have it. I envy people who can sew!


2 comments:

Amanda said...

Every once in a while you get to meet a person who is genuinely interested in being friends and helpful. Glad you can add one to your list

Anonymous said...

I've seen similar brocade belts in the Garnet Hill catalog for $75!! $27 I can spend. $75? Not so much.